Instruction on how to register online
- Go to https://selfservice.udi.no.
- Click on register new user.
- Fill in the necessary boxes; username-password-first name-email-confirm email.
- In a short while an email will be sent to the address provided. Open the email, click on the site given to activate your account.
- Go to Application Portal Norway; on the left hand side enter your username and password and click “log on”.
- You will be shown the first available appointment at the Embassy
- Choose the application you want to fill out: visa, family immigration,education...
- Fill in the application completely. (Please note that all the boxes with a star next to them are mandatory and have to be filled out).
- When the application is filled out, payment is sent and the online application is submitted, a confirmation is sent to your email.
- Please note that you must print the cover letter that is available on the summary page as you need to bring this cover letter to the Embassy with your other supporting documents.
- After completion of the registration, you may come to the Consulate at the Embassy in order to hand over supporting documents. No need for appointments.
Our opening hours are:
Monday till Thursday between 9:00 A.M. to 12:00 P.M.
- Close all tabs and log out of the program.
|Kindly note that the reference person in Norway can register online on behalf of the applicant.
There is no need to print or email the Embassy with the copy of your application form, but you need to print and bring the cover letter with you when you come to the Embassy. The Embassy will receive the application electronically as soon as you have registered/submitted and paid any applicable fee online, and will make all the necessary corrections in your application.
We kindly ask you to make sure that you bring all the necessary supporting documents. To see the list, please refer to the UDI/ the Norwegian Directorate of Immigrations webpage www.udi.no.
|All applications for any kind of permit will be scanned and sent electronically to UDI (The Norwegian Directorate of Immigration) in Norway for processing.
What do we have to ask from you as an applicant?
When you apply you must bring:
- All the original supporting documents and a perfect copy of each.
- The copies must be A4, with no staples, no stickers, and no torn pages.
After we have seen the originals, you will get the originals in return and the copies will be kept in the file. The only original we need to keep is the guarantee form from the reference in Norway.
Since the transfer time will be abolished, UDI expects case processing times to decline.
Cancel the application?
To cancel an application you must contact the Consulate at the Embassy. It is not possible to cancel an application using the Application Portal.
No internet access?
Your reference person in Norway can register your application for you, or you may use an Internet Café. Your sponsor in Norway may complete all, or part, of the online process for the applicant (e.g. log on and pay the application fee).
Sponsors who complete the entire process for the applicant (and the applicant is unable to log on to the Portal him/ herself) must send a copy of the completed application form to the applicant, so that he/ she is fully aware of the information being submitted.
The application form may be viewed and/ or printed from “previous individual applications” on the Portal.
The applicant must sign the “cover letter” and submit this with other supporting documents.
First time users
You must register as a user with a username and a password.
You simply log on, and may use the last application as a template. You may need to adjust details such as travel dates, new passport number and validity, the type of application and so on. When you have paid the fee and sent the application, you meet at the Embassy in order to submit your supporting documents.
Applications can be registered individually or in groups on the Portal. A group may consist of 1-15 applicants. However, it is a requirement that all applicants are of the same nationality, that they are travelling on the same dates and with the same itinerary.
Registering many applications as a group, saves time. However, only individual applications may be copied for subsequent applications. Families or people who always travel together to Norway may therefore want to register all applications individually.